on Processing of Personal Data
LAST UPDATED MAY 2018
Alibey Maldives Pvt.ltd. Company is committed to providing distinctive resorts and unique experiences for our guests. Consistent with that commitment, we are respectful of the privacy of the personal information that we receive and use in order to provide and offer services. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
1. Information we collect
Information you provide on a voluntary basis
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites;
- filling in a physical registration card;
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g., in the context of making a reservation);
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our good or services);
- participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or
- contributing content to us (e.g., for display on a Joali blog).
The types of information we may obtain include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality;
- details of food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us;
- passport and visa information, payment information, travel history and details of joint travellers;
- dates of your stay or travel with us and associated charges;
- purchase or delivery of products or services;
- reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services;
- information we receive about you from any third parties both at home and abroad through whom you have booked your arrangements;
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, sexual life, or trade union membership, genetic or biometric data) unless it is volunteered by you.
We may use medical or other sensitive data provided by you to better serve and meet your needs (but under no circumstances will we process any sensitive data for marketing and/or profiling purposes). Such sensitive information is only shared with our third party service providers both at home and abroad (acting as data processors and booking engine management system) for the purpose of providing the services you request. By making such special requests or notifying us of such preferences, you agree to us sharing your information in this way.
Personal information we collect automatically
When you visit JOALI websiteor the mobile application we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
- Date and time;
- Originating IP address;
- Domain name;
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser);
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser);
- Object requested;
- Completion status of the request;
- Geographic location; or
- Language preferences.
2. Use of information
Typically, we will use and process your information to:
- help us create content that is relevant to our visitors;
- make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business;
- provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors;
- manage general record keeping;
- enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites;
- enable you to make reservations and payments;
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- provide the products or services you request from us; and
- improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
The processing of your personal information for:
- Marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by JOALI as data controller. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability to stay with us or benefit from the requested services;
- all purposes concerning your booking, your stay and to provide you with the services you have requested, is managed by JOALI . Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary however, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services.
We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. Sharing information
We may share your information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be appointed as data processors and will be provided only with information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
4. Your rights
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to the information we hold about you, update, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances you may object to our use of your information. You have also the right to request the erasure of your personal information, to be informed about the controller, processor of the personal data, the means and purpose of processing your personal data, or whether such processing is conducted in accordance with the relevant purposes or whether the personal data is transformed to a third parties abroad.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by (i) checking the applicable box(es) on any form used to collect information from individuals, or (ii) clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive, or (iii) otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes, or (iv) via JOALI online contact us
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at:
Muravandhoo Island, Raa Atoll
Republic of Maldives
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties both at home and abroad with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.
5. How we protect your information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Services providers and contractors who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, provide adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
6. How long we keep information for
Joali only retains your information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless otherwise provided by law.
Your credit card details are not stored on our servers.
7. Child safety
We are not intended to collect identifiable personal information from individuals under the age of 18 without the consent of their parents. None of the site has been designed to attract the attention of young people aged 18 years.
9. How to contact us
Muravandhoo Island, Raa Atoll
Republic of Maldives